A 20 year old carer is recovering at home this week after visiting hospital for a bedroom mishap. The woman had been admitted to casualty and later required surgery to retrieve the foreign objects. She has issued a public warning after doctors informed her she could have been left requiring a colostomy bag had action not been taken soon enough.
Emily Georgia, 20, was enjoying bedroom fun with a male acquaintance when the stainless steel sex toy vanished after he got “excited” and pushed too hard on it.
After attempts to manually retrieve it failed, Emily says the man suggested leaving it to naturally work its way out – and then scarpered claiming he had work early the following morning.
A concerned friend rushed her to hospital, where doctors warned Emily that there was a risk of it perforating her bowel due to a sharp edge and she faced an hour-long surgery.
A wince-inducing x-ray shows just how dangerously high in Emily’s bowels that the sex toy had ventured.
The carer is now speaking out to warn others that embarrassment shouldn’t stop those who find themselves in similar predicaments from seeking medical help urgently.
Emily from East Preston, West Sussex, said: “We were having a naughty night in last March and decided to use the toy – I’d never used one before.
“I think he got too excited and managed to push the end of it in too. It was a goner.
“I began to panic and told him I needed to go to hospital. He said it should come out naturally on the toilet and then he said ‘I’m really sorry I have work early in the morning’ and he shot off.
“My housemate didn’t believe me at first but when I began to get upset she realised I wasn’t taking the mickey.”
The pair rushed to Worthing Hospital and while at A&E Emily scribbled her predicament on a piece of paper and handed it to the receptionist.
Emily said: “I didn’t fancy saying it across the reception desk so asked for a pen and paper.
“The receptionist said it happens a lot more often than you think and said she’d heard worse.”