Pho is one of those things that you just can’t get enough of. Well now you don’t have to get takeout because this Slow Cooker Chicken Pho recipe is so good you’ll be throwing away the menus now!
It’s always nice to make your favorite meals in the comfort of your home. It will save you a lot of money on the restaurant bills and you get the added bonus of seconds!
- 2 pounds chicken parts (recommended to use 1/2 pound of chicken wing tips)
- 1/2 anoion
- 3 inch chunk of garlic, slived
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Small bunch of cilantro stems, tied in a bunch with twine
- 1 pound dried rice noodles
- 1/2 pound chicken meat (breast or thigh), thinly sliced
Add your chicken parts, onion, ginger, coriander seeds, cloves, star anise, sugar, fish sauce and cilantro stems to the slow cooker.
Fill the slow cooker to the max line with water. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
When it’s done, strain the water through cheesecloth.
Poach the other chicken in water until they are cooked.
Remove the chicken and then add your rice noodles into the same water and cook for about a minute or so.
Add your rice noodles to a bowl with a few pieces of chicken. Add some of your chicken broth to the bowl and enjoy!