This flaky, creamy, chocolaty Danish is a simple and delightful dessert that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Snack on one with your morning coffee or eat it for dessert with some vanilla ice cream.
Truly, the possibilities are endless. With very little effort, you’ll be serving them up in minutes!
- 1can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1package (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4cup chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 17×12-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone nonstick baking mat.
2. Unroll dough onto lined cookie sheet. Press dough into a 16×10 rectangle.
3. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut 1 1/2-inch-long slants 1 inch apart on both sides of the rectangle. Leave the center uncut. There should be the same amount of slices on each side.
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture onto center of the dough.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the filling and fold the slices over in a braiding motion.
6. Bake up to 22 minutes or just until golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.